.IIS will be available only through www.iacis.org after 28 November.
Published four times a year, the Journal for Computer Information Systems (JCIS)
is the forum for International Association of Computer Information
Systems members and other information systems and business professionals
to present their research and ideas. Each issue provides a wealth of
timely and informative articles and research summaries.
- The JCIS continues to be identified as an A* journal in Information Systems by the Excellence in Research in Australia.
- The JCIS maintains a very rapid
electronic submission, review and publication process. The turnaround
time and quality of review comments ranks amongst the best in the field
(average of 6-8 weeks from submission to a first decision).
- The JCIS acceptance rate is
12-13%. Over the past year, we have experienced a steady and impressive
growth in submissions. In the past 12 months, the JCIS received more than 500 manuscripts.
- The JCIS editorial board
numbers around 150 professional academics from around the globe,
ranging from long established senior scholars to the next generation of
- The JCIS is an ISI-ranked journal (Thompson Reuters Scientific #8072 or print version). The 2007 Impact Factor of JCIS is 0.528. Additionally, the JCIS is listed as a very popular IS journal in the Index of Information Systems Journals.
- The H-Index (based on Harzing’s Publish or Perish software) of the JCIS is 31. On average, cites per published paper in JCIS = 6.49.
The editors of JCIS welcome your interest in The Journal.
Subscription to JCIS is included in IACIS membership.
Libraries and other organizational subscriptions can subscribe online or contact one of the editors.
JCIS is a Professional Member of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, AACSB.
The Board of Directors of the International
Association for Computer Information Systems extends its appreciation
to the Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University, for its
generous support of The Journal.
Index of JCIS Articles
JCIS articles are indexed in the major research databases:
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI)
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO)
- Proquest ABI/INFORM Global
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-Expanded)
- Social Science Citation Index (SSCI)
- Wilson Humanities Index (Wilson)
You can also access JCIS citations and article abstracts via ISI Web of Science.
Check with your institution for access to these research databases.
Additionally, you can access a general index of articles from the issues of JCIS from Fall 1992 through Summer 2003.
Site last updated 12 December 2010. Please report errors to webmaster at email@example.com.